7 Christmas Activities in Alberta:
With the cold weather fast approaching it is a sign that the holiday season is coming as well. Get into the Christmas spirit with some local events happening in Edmonton and Calgary.
- Edmonton Singing Christmas Tree: Enjoy the amazing performance of the 50th and FINAL annual Edmonton Singing Christmas Tree. This has been an annual tradition and staple for Christmas in Edmonton. This is the last and final year that this will be performed, so attend while you can. Performances will be happening from December 19 to 22 at the Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium. Prices range from $35-100.
- 12 Barz: Maybe theatre isn’t for you. How about an epic holiday themed pub crawl? Happening on November 30 and visiting all the most exciting bars in Edmonton! Prices are not yet released.
- Albert Indoor Christmas Market: You may not be wanting to do an outdoor activity in the cold months but still interested in celebrating the holiday season. The perfect compromise of weather limitation and wanting to celebrate the season is the St. Albert Indoor Christmas Market from November 23 to December 21. Enjoy a range of vendors at this Christmas market! Admission is free.
- Christmas Market: Get into the Christmas spirit by going to the Christmas Market happening Friday to Sunday on the weekends of December 4, 13 and 20 at the BMO Centre. Indulge in festive treats and products. Entrance price: $6 for adults, kids are free.
- 12 Barz: Join the holiday themed pub crawl on Friday, November 29 visiting the best bars in Calgary. Prices are not yet released.
- Charlie Brown’s Christmas with Jerry Granelli: Listen to the iconic soundtrack from Charlie Brown’s Christmas performed by Jerry Granelli – a member of the Vince Guaraldi Trio who wrote the original soundtrack. It is happening at the Bella Concert Hall on November 30 at 4:00 p.m. Price: $36, children receive reduced admission.
- The Nutcracker: Visit the Alberta Ballet to see a traditional performance of the Nutcracker. This show is a must see this holiday season. Performances will be taking place all throughout December at the Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium. Price: $80-90.