We are a united community and family; we can achieve more when we stand together with a common voice.
We are proud to be Teamsters, carrying on the powerful tradition of trade unions that have protected and empowered the working class for over 100 years.
We are strong in our diversity, both among our individual members and the industries we represent.
Our reputation as aggressive protectors of the working class and workers’ rights dictates that the voices of our members are heard in society. Our influence means we are able to:
- Affect labour legislation
- Propose improvements to social justice and progressive labour laws
- Educate society and bring awareness to issues facing workers
- Push for equal rights for all
We are committed to enhancing and empowering the lives of our members. We embrace diversity and stand for equality in the workplace and in society as a whole. As part of a rich history of over 100 years of Teamsters in North America, we stand united with our brothers and sisters in the fight for your rights.
We believe in standing strong together to promote fairness, respect and justice.
we fight for
- Higher wages and equal pay
- Reasonable hours of work
- Superior benefits
- Respectable treatment and a harassment-free workplace
- Seniority and job protection
- Safe working conditions
- Enhanced vacation, sick and parental leave
- Dignity and quality of life for all