It’s been a great year, and an eventful one at that, so we thought we’d take some time to look back at the highlights of 2017.
Reflecting on the past year reminds us of just how strong we are together and what we are capable of accomplishing as a family. We were very fortunate to see many wins over the past year and to celebrate with our members over various occasions, and we know that 2018 has even more in store for us.
This is by no means a complete list of what took place over the last year, in fact, this isn’t even a complete list of all the high points. These are just a few of the many great things that took place in 2017:
- We welcomed new Teamsters 987 members
- We celebrated with several members as they retired
- We negotiated new agreements
- We supported charities
- We raised money for those less fortunate
- We stood in solidarity with the AUPE locked out workers
- We marched at the Canadian Labour Congress convention in Toronto
- We joined together with other union members at the ‘Unstack the Deck’ rally in Edmonton
- We fought for an honest policy, and won!
- We participated in the Ride to Conquer Cancer
- We celebrate 75 years as a local union
We’re excited about what we’ve accomplished over the past year, and are so hopeful for the change we’re going to see in 2018. We wanted to take this time to say ‘thank you.’ Thank you for coming along with us on this journey. Thank you for speaking up and being one of many voices that affect real change. Thank you for trusting us, fighting with us, and being an advocate for justice. We are proud of our accomplishments thus far and are confident that the best is yet to come!